- Music piracy of the 1950s
- 30 Black Women in Indie Music You Should Know
- gurrrlzplease: austramusic: In honor of transgender...
- titwrench: sydneyflapper: nudiemuse: ersassmus: African...
- FB group for Female Fronted Punk
- It’s been a long, long time since a current band inspired...
- Margaret Bonds - a great musician and composer!
Category Archives: Recommendations
When: Sunday, September 30, from noon through 3pm Where: The Deerpile (above City O City, 206 E 13th, Denver) What: Vendors, including Growler Records, Wax Trax and more, will have tables set up with used records, new records, tapes, zines, … Continue reading
Gathering of the Clouds Festival Denver band The Overcasters have put together the best album release party ever. Three days of local bands and DJs performing at City Hall. And, Growler Records will be table-ing. Kick ass! Thursday, Feb 23 … Continue reading
The Mid-Winter Punk Film Fest has turned out quite well so far. Somewhere between 20 and 25 folks showed up last week to watch “Downtown ’81.” We had hot apple cider in a crock pot and fresh popcorn on the … Continue reading
Heartbeat and a Guitar: Johnny Cash and the making of Bitter Tears covers the story of Mr. Cash making his album meant to further the voices of Native people in the US. 1964, and someone as famous as Johnny Cash could … Continue reading
A big order from AK Press has arrived! Do you know what this means? Primarily, it means that the 2012 Slingshot organizers are here. They come small or large, at $6 or $12 respectively. Secondly, I have several punk documentaries … Continue reading